Paid Media Advertising
- Build Your Brand
- Create Awareness
- Stimulate Consideration
- Generate Leads
- Build Audiences & Email Lists
- Make Sales
- Complement Holistic Digital Strategies
- Dominate Your Competitors
The Goal of Paid Media
The goal of paid media advertising is not to push your products/services on people but to provide answers that help them make good decisions.
By understanding user behavior along the customer journey, paid media ceases to be advertising and instead becomes the information people are interested in, when they are interested, in the place they are at, which then helps them feel comfortable enough to do business with you.
Helping people with paid media instead of advertising to them is the best way for your company to ensure high conversion rates and strong business growth.
Which Paid Media Channels
- Google Ads (AdWords)
- Facebook / Instagram Ads
- YouTube Ads
- Microsoft Ads (Bing & Yahoo)
- LinkedIn Ads
- Pinterest Ads
- Twitter Ads
- Snapchat Ads
- Amazon Ads
Which channels is a common question and depends a great deal on your audience’s online activity, the complexity of your strategy, and your advertising goals, which are different for each company.
Google Ads and Facebook/Instagram Ads are the gorillas, but a paid media strategy can easily branch into other channels especially when thresholds are hit and growth drys up.
If your audience is on a channel, consider running ads on that channel.
What Makes Paid Media Successful
Success with Paid Media depends on several factors, including;
- Account Structure
- The Quality of Your Ads
- Message Alignment with Emotional Needs (Maslow’s Triangle)
- Use of Algorithmic Bidding Strategies
- Alignment with the Customer Journey
- Understanding the Complexity of the Sale
- The Length of Your Sales Cycle
- The Landing Page, Information Scent & Conversion Momentum
- How You Stack Up Against the Competition
The Ease of Success
The ease of success with paid media is greatly determined by what is happening at the bottom of a market’s funnel. Some companies are easy; some are not and require a full-funnel strategy. It usually boils down to how much what you are selling costs, competition, and brand recognition.
Compulsive buys, stuff 50.00 dollars or less, can crush it out the door with simple conversion ads if there is a strong market for what you are offering, and that market isn’t saturated. Market saturation is like cost; you’ll need a full-funnel approach in saturated markets unless you’re a recognized brand.
Tactic vs. Full-Funnel
In some markets, especially on Google Ads, a simple bottom-of-the-funnel tactic can perform well; however, conversion thresholds can be reached, making it difficult to grow beyond what the funnel bottom has to offer even with remarketing campaigns. If you’ve reached that point, then it’s time to start thinking about a full-funnel paid media strategy.
A full-funnel Paid Media strategy is made up of multiple channels such as Google Ads, Facebook/Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. The goal here is to start at the funnel’s top and work your way down with different ads along the customer journey that warm your audience up for your conversion campaigns at the bottom of the funnel.
Comprehensive Digital Strategy
Paid Media can also be a part of a more comprehensive multi-channel campaign where paid media is one tactic. This is where it gets exciting and can have a major impact on your business. A proper measurement model is needed for this approach to work, but if set up correctly, data-driven and marketing budget control take on whole new meanings.
The type of approach you’ll use will depend on your digital marketing plans’ complexity and your ability to measure the success and economic value that the different parts of a strategy add to your bottom line.
Just for fun, above is an example of a multi-channel campaign that would include Paid Media as one of the campaign’s tactics. Ask yourself, where would you place ads along the journey?
How’s Your Paid Media Doing?
Do you want better results or need guidance? Get a Paid Media Consultation!
Why Work with David?
- Growth Marketing expert that can produce actual results
- Google Ads builds that outperform the competition
- Analytics that answer business questions that leads to growth
- CRO using ReseachXL and Persuasion Architecture frameworks
- Profit-Driven SEO that doesn’t take months to accomplish
- You Want Content Marketing that is game-changing
- Facebook/IG Ads optimization that overcomes iOS 14.5 update
- AI Facebook/IG Ads management that takes success to new levels
- Measurable goal-oriented plan-driven Social Media marketing
- You want more control of your marketing budget
- You’d find transparency into the customer journey valuable
- You’re looking for a competitive advantage
- You want a marketer dedicated to your success
- You want to work with someone trained by the best globally
- Recommended by CEOs, CMOs, Best-Selling Authors
Your Information is Kept Confidential & Is Safe